Scheduling Software Guide for Gyms
One of the most important features to look for when considering gym scheduling software is whether or not the scheduling software is integrated into a club management software platform so that all gym class registration activities for group fitness classes or personal training sessions are tied back to a member record in your member management platform. The goal for club operators is to have a single unified view into member activities and purchases that can be reported on so that general managers can constantly improve the member experience at a club.
The second most important feature is the ability to run accurate reports. Here’s a list of core report types you should be able to pull regardless of the day, class type, location, and instructor:
- Reservation detail
- Reservation summary
- Attendance report
- No-show report
Finally, look for a solution that can work with all of your business operating systems (iOS, Windows, OS, etc). Ideally, look for cloud-based gym scheduling software so that you and your team can easily access your scheduling dashboard via the internet, regardless of your operating system or device (iPhone, Android, Mac, PC).
Scheduling Software Features
From an operations and customer service perspective, Motionsoft’s gym scheduling software gives your members the ability to register for their favorite group fitness class using our recurring booking feature. Your members will appreciate how easy it is to secure a spot in their favorite class.
Once a fitness class has been booked using the scheduling software, you can set-up automated class registration appointment reminders. These communications are sent via email or text and are designed to reduce the number of no-shows. It’s a simple retention feature that’s incredibly valuable.
Because Motionsoft’s scheduling software is fully integrated into our gym management software platform, your club can use our online gym scheduling solution to support unlimited purchase add-on using our package association feature. It’s a nice incremental revenue feature for gyms that simplifies add-on purchases by members for towels, water bottles, and other gear before or after their class.
Here’s a list of online gym scheduling software features for gym members:
- Automatic appointment reminders
- Automated wait lists for popular classes and instructors
- Unique portal for gym class registrations
- Mobile-friendly interface
- Package association for unlimited purchase add-ons
- Group fitness class booking
- Personal training booking
- Recurring fitness class booking
- Easy to use online gym scheduling system
- Schedule, buy or update an activity or fitness class
- Online scheduling access via desktop or mobile browsers
- Confirmation messaging to minimize no-shows
Scheduling Software Integration
Motionsoft’s scheduling software fully integrates with every aspect of our club management software and payment processing system for efficiency, accuracy, and real-time reporting.
Club activities like personal training, tanning, massage, and tennis lessons as well as group fitness classes like step, yoga, studio cycling, boxing, and pilates are easily entered into our scheduler software module so that facility administrators and staff will have tailored views based on their role within your organization.
Scheduling software core benefits for gym staff, include:
- Integrated with series sales and member portal software
- Manage and track group fitness classes
- Reporting on staff commissions
- 24/7 phone and email support
- Run reports on specific days, times, locations, and instructors
- Manage resources and equipment
- Track non-attendance for activities and classes
- Stay connected to your club from anywhere
- Let staff view their schedules online
- Work in a secure and encrypted environment
- Connect with your members even when they aren’t in the club