With Motionsoft billing software, you’ll have the real-time member and financial data you need to make the best decisions for your business.
- Motionsoft’s software is available to customers over the Internet using a standardized SaaS (Software as a Service) solution with the extensibility to allow universities, hospitals, hotels and spas and on-site corporate facilities for employees a high degree of configuration and customization to fit their specific member management software and billing needs.
- Combined with an integrated payment processor, uncollected revenue recovery services, and easy-to-use interface give you immediate access to the data that matters most for your business, helping you get, know and keep your members.
Integrated Payment Processor
Partner with the industry’s most secure payment processor to grow and protect your business. Motionsoft’s secure, PCI-certified payment processing system is fully integrated into your system, proving you with up-to-the-minute financial data. You’ll quickly know when a member is not in good standing, any payment declines (and the reason for the decline), and how much money you have collected.
Payment Processing Volume
On a yearly basis, Motionsoft processes over $3 billion in monthly gym membership payments from 3,000 business locations serving over 8,000,000 gym members across North America. In 2018, Motionsoft was selected by CIO Review magazine as a leading payment and card processor.
Data Protections and Compliance
In addition to our HIPPA compliance and PCI certification, Motionsoft was the first technology company in the fitness industry to secure SOC1 Compliance (formerly SAS 70). The driver for obtaining SOC1 (SSAE 16 Report) Certification was due to increased regulatory oversight of the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Today, Motionsoft is one of a handful of technology firms in the fitness industry with SOC1 (SSAE 16 Report) Certification.
Motionsoft maintains HIPPA, PCI, and SOC1 certifications and compliance.
Motionsoft’s Billing Software Process
The Motionsoft billing process is a user generated workflow for charging, collecting, and managing member batch payments. The Billing Processing screen can be found in Member Management under the Utilities menu.
In many sections of our billing processes, users are offered two options when processing the different steps, Proof and Post. Both Proof and Post will generate an audit report along with a report detailing the members who will be affected by the billing step.
The recurring charges works very similar to the Member Fees with the notable exception that the Bill Date is a date range. This means that users can invoice for recurring charges that span more than a single day. For instance, a user can select 4/1/18 – 4/30/18 for the date range and any member with an active recurring charge will have those charges placed on the account for the selected Effective Date. Any charges placed on an account in this manner will have RECUR for the Source.
The second step of billing creates a payment file for collecting the open charges on member accounts who are paying with a Credit Card or Bank Account. The charges collected in the file are based on a date range entered by the user. The payment file is then sent automatically to MosoPay or, if using a third-party billing system, a zipped file is emailed to the user. Every charge that is collected in Step 2 is considered paid until the NSF process is run, which will then remove any failed payments from their respective member accounts. See the NSF section for more details.
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF)
NSF Processing is used to remove payments from member accounts due to the payment being declined by member’s financial institution. Clients who utilize the Account Update system provided by MosoPay will have the credit cards updated in this area as well. NSF Processing consists of two steps: Importing File (Required) and NSF Charge (optional).
The first step of the NSF process, and the only one required, is the importing and running of the NSF files from MosoPay. This step removes the payment record from member accounts and adds a note that the member’s payment did not process with the reason why. If clients are utilizing the Card Updater available with MosoPay, files processed in NSF will also contain the updated card information.
Uncollected Revenue Recovery Services
Is your business losing revenue each month from uncollected member dues? Your fitness club isn’t alone. In today’s health club landscape, the average decline rate on a club’s initial billing is anywhere between 10% and 16%.
From a monthly revenue perspective, if a club is billing $100,000 per month you’re not going to collect on $10,000 to $16,000 or more of that total each month. Even for smaller clubs, that’s a bunch lost revenue especially for a club billing $50,000 per month. The yearly lost revenue figures would reach $60,000 to $96,000 or more per year.
What do you do?
Motionsoft offers three unique revenue recovery services:
- Back Office Support Service (B.O.S.S.): Motionsoft’s dedicated customer engagement team will provide member notifications using text messages, emails, and phone calls to inform members that their payment method was declined. All responses from members are directed back to your club so that your business can engage with the member and resolve the declined payment method.
- Accounts Receivable Management (ARM): Instead of directing member responses back to a club, Motionsoft will answer member inbound calls and email communications in our PCI-certified call center to increase your collection rate. Our goal is to collect on uncollected revenue until the debt is paid while keeping the member active even after they’ve started a repayment plan.
- Full Service: Motionsoft can also provide outsourced member account management services that funnels all member calls and email inquiries to Motionsoft. Our outsourced member account management services functions including, cancels, terminations, member account questions, and collections activity.