Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Some of the new material in our Policy relates to newly implemented General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) in the European Union regarding the safety of, use of, security of, and other specific rights regarding your Personal Information.
It is important that you read this Policy together with any other policies we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your Personal Information so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your Personal Information.
Motionsoft’s Privacy Principles:
Motionsoft is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your Personal Information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your Personal Information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so;
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we collect and use your Personal Information;
- If we have collected your Personal Information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for any other purpose unless you have been informed and, when relevant, your permission has been obtained;
- We will not ask for more Personal Information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it;
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of your Personal Information;
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your Personal Information, including GDPR, and will ensure that your Personal Information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period;
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the GDPR, and will ensure that we promptly and transparently deal with queries relating to privacy issues;
- We will delete your Personal Information when you request us to do so, with the exception of when we are required by law to retain some or all of your Personal Information for certain periods of time;
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations;
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of how it is processed or where it is stored;
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with our privacy principles;
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before any of your Personal Information is transferred to any other entities or to any other countries.
Personal Information we collect and how we use it:
- Information you provide — When you visit the Motionsoft website, you may be asked to provide Personal Information including name, business name, personal or business address, email address, phone number, birth date or other Personal Information. We may use this information to provide you with a better web experience and to improve the quality of the services we provide to you and to our Affiliates and Partners. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of providing such information.
- Log information — When you access Motionsoft’s website certain information about your visit may be tracked by our logging service. These logs may include information such as your web request, your browser type, language and version, the date and time of your visit and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications — When you send an email or contact us through our website, we may retain those communications in order to address your inquiries, respond to your questions and improve our services. This information may be used for purposes of sales and marketing. We will however always allow visitors to opt out of future correspondences.
In addition to the above, we may use your Personal Information that we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and the development of new services; and
- If we plan to use this information in any manner different than the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will inform you of the additional way we plan to use your Personal Information and, prior to such use, obtain your consent.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data including your Personal Information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your Personal Information. We restrict access to your Personal Information to: (1) Motionsoft employees; and (2) contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf and in order to deliver our services to you. These individuals, contractors and agents are bound by confidentiality and/or contractual obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.