Location-Location-Location isn’t just for real estate.
May 24, 2012
Categories: Promoting Your Gym
Have you ever driven by a shopping center and thought to yourself, “Man that would be the best place to build a gym?” If you haven’t then you probably shouldn’t bother reading this blog. But if you have then you know people, just as you do, react to easy-to-find locations, high visibility areas, and inviting exteriors. If you agree, then you might want to take a few minutes to see what I have to say…
As usual I have brought you in under false pretenses. This blog has absolutely nothing to do with real estate. That being said, if you are looking to learn more about how to find, negotiate, and close on space, you might find this webinar on finding the right real estate for your gym pretty useful.
No, this entry is about your website and virtual real estate. And how to make your corner of the web the absolute best piece of real estate out there. And oddly it’s not entirely different from real real estate. So to make this easily digestible, I have made a short list:
- It has to be obvious what you sell
- On the web we call this SEO and keywords, in the real world it’s about naming, branding & signage.
- It has to be easy to find.
- On the web we call this PPC, in the real world you are paying for location, location, location (& signage!)
- When people “walk in”, it needs to be laid out well
- On the web we call this graphic design, in the real world we call this architectural design
So to recap, to make a great site you need SEO, PPC, and design. (Wow that may actually be the greatest example of a recap EVER!) If you aren’t entirely clear what or how to use SEO, PPC, and design to improve your website, join us this week for a free webinar on SEO, PPC, and design. And maybe, just maybe, you will find that you don’t need to bore your spouse by pointing to every empty building and explaining why that’s a perfect location for a gym!
Get, Keep, and Know your members with MoSo
May 24th, 2012 11:30 am