Careers at Motionsoft
Join the Motionsoft Team!
Request a Demo
The following employment opportunities are currently available at Motionsoft™
Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer – C# ASP.NET in Rockville, MD. Develop & design core web SaaS software app platform using C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, SQL Server, LINQ, XML, Spring.NET & secure code practices. Send res. to: Jennifer Irving – jirving at motionsoft dot net - Motionsoft Inc., 1801 Rockville Pike, Ste. 110, Rockville, MD 20852.
Posted: Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Location: Rockville, MD Corporate Headquarters
Job Summary: The Associate Software Engineer will be part of Motionsoft’s Tier 3 Technical Support group and will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues which cannot be supported by Tier 2 Support group. You will closely work with both functional and technical groups at Motionsoft and act as a liaison.
- 1+ years or equivalent coursework team development of object-oriented solutions
- 1+ or equivalent coursework years programming in .NET
- 1+ or equivalent coursework years of web development experience a must.
- Detailed technical analysis of issues that requires code change and update with analysis Report. This analysis involves:
- Replication of issue.
- Checking log files and identifying exceptions.
- Data analysis in database.
- Analysis of Report queries
- Research and recommend solutions for meeting defined business and product requirements.
- Use UML, flowcharting, or other graphical methods to communicate design specifications to other team members.
- Read requirements and design specifications to effectively understand product deliverables.
- Web Services, ASP.Net, C#, ADO.Net, and Transact SQL for SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of advanced C# and OO programming concepts is a must. Be prepared to show past work and discuss the technical details behind it.
- Understanding of HTTP and associated protocols, transports, and methodologies such as REST, JSON, XML, AJAX, XHR.
- Experience writing web applications in a cloud environment. AWS a strong plus.
- Strong understanding in web based security including SSL, tokenization, & XSS.
- Understanding of safe coding practices such as those outlined in the owasp.org top 10 vulnerabilities list.
- Ability to gain understanding of current core product offering and business objectives and use that knowledge to derive requirements for the next generation product.
- Experience architecting and programming .Net solutions for Windows and Web based applications.
- Desire and ability to look beyond day-to-day tasks and into the future to understand upcoming technologies and how they can benefit the company.
- Ability to define, design, code, test, package, and deliver software.
- Ability to write documentation that communicates requirements and design specifications.
- Experience in developing a commercially used product as a team member.
- Experience designing applications that can work in a “disconnected” state a plus.
- Experience designing applications that meet localization requirements a plus.
- Experience in Scrum or some other agile programming methodology a plus.
Trusted by the best brands in health & wellness
Take your business to the next level.
Connect with a Business Consultant to get started with any or all of our solutions.
Fill out a short form and we'll get right back to you.
Give us a call anytime — we're here to help!